- Arrive in Oaxaca: Your instructors will meet you at your hotel and take you to the studio.
- Late afternoon: Join the other students for an introductory meeting.
- Evening: Enjoy a light supper & mescal at Humberto's studio.
- Morning: Meet in the garden of Santa Domingo Church for an orientation to the city and its culture. Visit to Oaxaca's colorful market, followed by optional lunch in the zocalo.
- Afternoon: Discuss artistic direction and select a medium or combination of media.
- Morning: Full work day including suggestions on ways to best photograph activity at Carnival.
- Evening: Museum/Gallery visits.
- Morning: Meet our professional guide at your hotel. Visit a woodcarving village during their carnival celebration where we'll see a mock wedding. On this occasion the bride is male and festooned with female accoutrements and a beautiful white bridal gown. Bands will be playing and many of the villagers, wearing masks and dressed in costumes, will be dancing. Bring your cameras and dancing shoes and join in!
- Comida (Lunch) at restaurant Azucenas
- Afternoon: Visit a weaving village
- Late afternoon: Continue work in the studio
- Morning: Studio Work. Optional class at a professional cooking school which will include a sumptuous lunch (details on request)
- Late Afternoon: Studio Work
- Evening (optional): Visit Oaxaca’s newest textile museum, located in a magnificently restored downtown building
- Full work day in studio.
- Morning: Finish projects
- Midday: Review your work individually with instructors, then begin prepare for evening presentation and group critiques.
- Afternoon: Free time.
- Early evening: Return to studio for presentations.
- Evening: Banquet at La Biznaga, a slow food restaurant featuring Mexican fusion food.
- Morning: Breakfast with Humberto and Mari. Discuss directions your work might take. Course evaluation.